Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Politics shaken, not stirred
Apparently Jay Bullock of the liberal blog “folkbum” didn’t get the memo on the new civility.
Print this entry
Posted by James Wigderson on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 5:56 pm Filed under Featured, Library & Pub · Tagged with folkbum
Comments are closed.
when will you start engaging at anythign but the lowest level of political discourse?
Especially since Wigderson darn well knows the next tweet, seconds later, was “And by “death warrants,” I mean seal the electoral fate of selves and party. What I and thousands of others will do while laid off is win.” So I guess we can call this an example of the regular ol’ Republican civility. We will not negotiate, and facts be damned.
James Wigderson Reply:March 13th, 2011 at 6:08 pm
No, no, no. After the Tucson shooting we were told that any violent imagery, regardless of the context, might caused some unhinged person somewhere to commit some violent act. Given the tensions at the Capitol at the time, and the reports of death threats, Jay Bullock’s inflammatory rhetoric was certainly ill-timed, especially in light of the new post-Tucson standards.
Or do they only apply to Sarah Palin?
John Foust Reply:March 13th, 2011 at 8:46 pm
Admit it. You knew the context, you saw the second tweet, and you decided to spin it. Why? It’s not funny. It’s not insightful. It bare rises to sophomoric. It’s deliberately deceptive.
James Wigderson Reply:March 13th, 2011 at 9:27 pm
1. I did not see the second tweet when I posted this, but it doesn’t change things. See above.
2. Jay Bullock should know how to better pick his words. He is an English teacher (supposedly). If anything, he should apologize for the tone of his rhetoric at a moment when it was particularly tense. I wouldn’t press the point except this is hardly the first case of Bullock’s incivility, and he seems to relish in taking no responsibility for it. Fine. But when he accuses me of slander for quoting him accurately (btw, does he know the difference between slander and libel?) I’m sure as hell not going to back down.
As for the context, the context is that Jay Bullock’s blog has degenerated into a race-baiting, hateful website of no merit. If he has a problem with that description, he has the power to change it.
It’s touching the way that you and Fred spend so much time fussing and tut-tutting about the unmeritorious blog of a highly dangerous English teacher / folk singer.
Did you perform the screen-grab? Jay “Racebaiter” says his second tweet followed the first within “seconds”. His two Twitter timestamps are 5:51 and 5:52. Your screen-grab says his tweet was “2 minutes ago” or 5:53. Your post here is at 5:56.
This alone proves you need to spend more time with your kids, who are secretly crying to be seen and heard.
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
To what are you looking forward in 2017?
" I don't listen to Wiggy on much, but I will pay attention when he provides advice on blue plate specials."
- Dan Bice, 3/29/2013
"But those Wigdersons have quite a sense of humor."
- Bill Christofferson
April 18th, 2012
"you're a national treasure."
- Scot Ross, One Wisconsin Now
August 14th, 2012
"The puckishness of Wm F. Buckley ... blogging in the heart of Republican land. 'Getting all wiggy with it.'"
- Dave Blaska, "Blaska names Wisconsin’s Top 10 conservative bloggers" 8/21/12
Don't B surprised if your bitch ass get a lump of fucking coal. (for Christmas)
- Nabil Al-Murabit on Twitter 8/29/12
© 2017 Wigderson Library & Pub · Streamline theme by StudioPress · Powered by WordPress · Customized by Amy Kant Designs