As some of you may have noticed last night, for about six hours this was all you could see at my website:
Very frustrating on my part. The good news is the site is backed up quite frequently and the hosting company was able to restore things back to normal once we were both made aware of the problem. There is an advantage to not being on a Blogspot site.
Interestingly, it seems my site was dragged into the Middle East conflict, judging from the professed identity of the hacker. I filled out the form at Homeland Security’s website last night and I expect black helicopters are flying over Waukesha to protect me even as I type this.
So what did I do last night while my site was down? I tweeted, and you can see my Twitter feed for yourself to see if my attempts at humor made up for my site being down.
How did you fill the time?
What did you do while the Wigderson website was hacked by someone from Syria?
- Updated my resume for the open City Administrator position (20%, 6 Votes)
- Surfed the net for porn. (17%, 5 Votes)
- Read "Citizen Jeff Scrima, Honor to Serve Vigorously" (17%, 5 Votes)
- Tried lacing my Crocs (17%, 5 Votes)
- Helped OJ track the real Syrian hacker. (13%, 4 Votes)
- Watched paint dry. (10%, 3 Votes)
- Kept clicking refresh waiting for the movie to start. (7%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 30