I’m sorry I’m missing this month’s Drinking Right. I’m a little under the weather again. Some sort of stomach thingy capable of striking a man dead in his tracks, or at least make the idea of beer, cigarette smoke and pizza seem unpalatable. Next month a trip out across the the 124th street frontier is much more likely.
Somewhat along those lines, Mike Mathias promises to never write, “Too busy to blog-lots of personal stuff going on.” I thought I would perform a community service for bloggers by offering up a list of other excuses to explain not blogging:
- Too depressed since Britany Spears and Kevin Federlein announced they were splitting up.
- Not nominated for a Weblog Award. From now on going to post pithy comments on Ann Althouse’s blog instead.
- Tom Delay blogging. Nothing else left to say.
- Fidel Castro still not dead. Chevy Chase still not funny.
- Caught in Groundhog Day timewarp; blogpost won’t appear until written perfectly.
- Enjoying unparalled strong economic growth too much to blog.
- Working too hard to pay taxes in Wisconsin to blog.
- Disney Christmas video features Minnie Mouse in catfight with Daisy Duck. Still in shock. Still trying to explain to five-year-old.
- Two-year-old got the proportion wrong in my martini shaker. Doubled the frequency of her bartending lessons.
- State Senator Jon Erpenbach pushing tax on blogs. Afraid he’ll make it retroactive.
- WISN’s Mark Belling won’t give credit to bloggers. So what’s the point?
- Smashed keyboard in frustration when Democrats won.
- Busy tracking terrorists in cranberry marsh.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel does not give credit to bloggers, either. Belling and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel have something in common. World comes to end.
- Smashed keyboard in frustration when Democrats began sounding like Republicans.
- Spivak & Bice blog, so we don’t have to. Or something like that.
Add your own excuses in the comments.