Two sets of ten, the top ten events from 2010
What were the events that shaped Waukesha and Wisconsin in 2010? This is my list of the top ten events that occurred in 2010 in Waukesha and in Wisconsin. Ten each. A-dime a-piece.
Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- The approval of Waukesha’s water application by the Waukesha Common Council
- The election of Waukesha Mayor Jeff Scrima, defeating the incumbent Larry Nelson
- Sheriff Trawicki wins re-election easily despite controversy over local communities switching to sheriff’s department for law enforcement.
- State Representative Scott Newcomer decides against running for re-election
- Five Republican primaries for State Assembly in Waukesha County and one State Senate Republican primary
- Infighting in the city of Waukesha BID spills out into the street.
- Mayor Scrima’s inability to work well with the Common Council and City Administrator Lori Luther
- Town Board recalls in town of Waukesha over city of Waukesha annexation of Lathers Property.
- The final settlement in the Scott Jensen case.
- West bypass funding figured out. Now the question is where?
- The continued rise of the Tea Party movement.
- Unemployment remains high in Wisconsin.
- The defeat of Russ Feingold by businessman Ron Johnson
- The election of Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker as Governor
- The horrible budget fix and horrible state budget passed by the legislature
- The end of high-speed rail in Wisconsin
- The retirement of Dave Obey and the election of Sean Duffy
- The Republican takeover of the legislature
- Russ Decker killing the state’s renewable energy mandate and the
state employee union contracts. That deal to let Julie Lassa run for
Congress with no Democratic primary just looks better and better.
- The character issues of State Representative Jeff Wood and Assembly Speaker Mike Sheridan