A funny thing happened at the mayoral forum
I missed this afternoon’s forum for Waukesha mayor at Oak Hill Terrace. I understand a few sparks flew, including from some residents upset that dinner was late.
Things we learned today:
1. Mayor Larry Nelson taught at the Garrett Morris School for the Hard of Hearing in New York.
2. Alderman Randy Radish. Yeah, what he said.
3. Jeff Scrima is afraid Milwaukee will steal his precious bodily fluids.
4. Bill Beglinger likes twisty roads. He was a police officer. They like twisty roads. Twisty roads slow traffic. Waukesha needs twisty roads.
5. Darryl Enriquez keeps note cards to remind him how many family members he has.
At least one member of the audience brought up the mix of housing and multi-family rental properties which resulted in a sharp discussion. The other contentious issue was water, and it sounds like the other candidates tried to explain to Scrima why he’s simply wrong on this issue.
The folly of youth.
I’m hoping to be at tomorrow night’s candidate forum at Carroll College:
Thursday, February 11, 2010
6:30pm – 8:30pm
Carroll University’s Campus Center Ballroom